Fulton Bag and Cotton Mills
Jacob Elsas, a Jew born in Wurttemburg, Germany, opened the Fulton Bag and Cotton Mills in 1881. The mill would become one of Atlanta's largest employers. Production at the mills ended in 1978 and in 1997 the site was converted into The Stacks at Fulton Cotton Mill, which are New York-style loft apartments that were constructed using much of the original structure of the former mills. For directions to the former site of the Fulton Bag and Cotton Mills, view the map above. To learn more about the mills, browse the articles below.