Grant Park is the oldest city park in Atlanta. The land was gifted to the city in 1882 by Lemuel P. Grant and was the first integrated park in the city. A thriving Jewish community existed in the neighborhoods surrounding Grant Park during the first part of the 20th century. In 1913, an Atlanta Journal Magazine journalist termed the nearby Decatur Street the "Melting Pot of Dixie" because of the diverse population that existed in this area. For directions, view the map above. To learn more about the park's features, browse the articles below.